The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist provides front line reception in the office and for the main general inquiry phone line. In addition, the role will also be required to provide administrative, clerical and operational support to the Investments department’s senior leadership including calendar management and organizing and tracking key documents or other deliverables.
Your responsibilities include
- Receive and respond to in-person, written or phone enquiries received in English or French in a professional manner, screening and/or transferring as appropriate
- Coordinate incoming mail and courier packages with discretion and confidentiality
- Arrange couriers for critical, urgent and/or confidential documents
- Liaise with building management for maintenance, access cards as required
- Monitor office, pantry and printer supply levels and order/re-order as required
- Arrange regular maintenance of HVAC, fire extinguishers, coffee machine and water cooler filter
- Ensure common areas and meeting rooms are well maintained and kept clean
- Prepare presentations and other materials, photocopying, scanning and binding as required
- Maintain electronic and paper files
- Support Managing Directors, Senior Directors of Project Development and Head of Asset Management for the Investments Team
- Support the Executive Assistant, Investments in team administrative functions
- Manage calendar of appointments; plan and coordinate the Investments department’s senior leaders’ schedules and proactively prioritize and manage requests for access to his/her time
- Establish positive and productive relationships with administrative counterparts within the CIB, and in Infrastructure Canada and other departments or Crown Corporations as required
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the Investments department’s senior leaders with executive assistant counterparts in external client, stakeholder, research or service provider organizations
- Keep the Investments department’s senior leaders well informed of upcoming commitments, and proactively identify forward-looking commitments that need attention
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, and within deadlines
- Make travel and other logistics arrangements and prepare itineraries and agendas, and complete expense reports, within the Travel & Hospitality guidelines
- Liaise with I.T. support to resolve any technical issues
- Preparation of materials, reports and spreadsheets using Excel, Word or PowerPoint as applicable
- Liaise with key stakeholders, consultants, partners and suppliers as required
- Coordinate translation of documents as required
- Gather information (often confidential) from staff or consultants and consolidating it for executive review
- Research information to prepare reports on request
- Other general office administrative duties and special projects, as required
Your ideal profile
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a front-line reception role and in supporting senior executives and interacting with senior individuals from other organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Financial services industry and/or public sector experience is a definite asset
- Experience that demonstrates outstanding judgement and organizational skills with attention to detail, the proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, ability to manage and prioritize various competing demands, and the highest level of client service and response
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form
- Service-orientation, high degree of client focus
- Well-organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Able to deal with ambiguity and situations where not all of the details are provided or available
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist no later than December 13, 2021.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
Vaccination Policy for COVID-19: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the community are a top priority for us. Effective November 8, 2021, the CIB requires that all employees and consultants be fully vaccinated. A solemn declaration will be requested to this effect.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.