The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Investments department’s senior leadership. The core priorities would include calendar management for senior leadership including scheduling internal and external meetings including team members, government officials or external stakeholders, and organizing and tracking key documents or other deliverables. In addition, the role would also serve as a back up to the Receptionist when necessary.
Your responsibilities include:
- Primarily support Managing Directors, Senior Directors of Project Development, and Head of Asset Management for the Investments department.
- Support the Executive Assistant, Investments in team administrative functions
- Manage calendar of appointments; plan and coordinate Managers’ schedules and proactively prioritize and manage requests for access to his/her time
- Establish positive and productive relationships with administrative counterparts within the CIB, and in other stakeholders as required
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the Mangers with administrative counterparts in external client, stakeholder, research or service provider organizations
- Keep Managers well informed of upcoming commitments, and proactively identify forward-looking commitments that need attention
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, and within deadlines
- Make travel and other logistics arrangements and prepare itineraries and agendas, and complete expense reports, within the Travel & Hospitality guidelines
- Liaise with I.T. support to resolve any technical issues
- Preparation of materials, reports and spreadsheets using Excel, Word or PowerPoint as applicable
- Liaise with key stakeholders, consultants, partners and suppliers as required
- Coordinate translation of documents as required
- Gather information (often confidential) from staff or consultants and consolidating it for executive review
- Other general office administrative duties and special projects, as required
- As necessary, act as a backup to Receptionist to receive and respond to in-person, written or phone enquiries received in English or French in a professional manner, screening and/or transferring as appropriate
The ideal profile:
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a strong asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting senior executives and interacting with senior individuals from other organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Financial services industry and/or public sector experience is a definite asset
- Experience that demonstrates outstanding judgement and organizational skills with attention to detail, the proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, ability to manage and prioritize various competing demands, and the highest level of client service and response
- High degree of tact and diplomacy, as well as absolute discretion in dealing with confidential, sensitive information
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, government officials, external clients
- High level of time management and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations, and to proactively identify requirements
- Flexible and willing; demonstrate a “can do” attitude and demonstrated support for and deal with continuous change
- Capability to work independently with minimal supervision while working as a team player
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Administrative Assistant no later than December 13, 2021.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Important Point to Consider
Vaccination Policy for COVID-19: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the community are a top priority for us. Effective November 8, 2021, the CIB requires that all employees and consultants be fully vaccinated. A solemn declaration will be requested to this effect.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.