The Manager, Corporate Communications will responsible for assisting the implementation of the corporate communications action plan. The Manager will work under the direction of the Director, Corporate Communications and will apply policies and protocols to build institutional best practices. The Manager will be a communications expert and will focus on project communications across CIB priority infrastructure sectors. Expertise, experience and relationships with relevant public and private sector partners will be central to advancing communications outcomes and impact.
Strong oral and written communications skills are required. The ideal candidate will also possess strong interpersonal skills needed to build professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders while supporting the business needs of the Communications team.
Your responsibilities include
- Proactively contribute strategic advice for the development and implementation of the annual corporate communications action plan
- Support new project communications tools to improve impacts, outcomes and results
- Develop communications products such as announcement plans, news releases, key messages, briefing notes, media responses, PowerPoint presentations, among other materials
- Coordinate external facing initiatives to integrate communications and engagement with media and project partners
- Create communications plans for project advisory and investment communications with provinces, territories, municipalities and indigenous communities
- Pursue specialized communications expertise around the CIB’s priority sectors
- Facilitate the adoption of private sector communications best practices including those for web site and social media platforms
- Support external speaking opportunities by management team members
- Collaborate with colleagues, particularly Investment team members, to expand both regional and national networks of allies and advocates
- Contribute to a diverse, inclusive team dynamic and engaging work environment
- Execute policies and standards for communications, including protocols and processes for collaboration with partners
The ideal profile
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required
- Written and verbal French is considered a strong asset
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in communications, public relations or related field is required
- 8+ years communications experience
- Experience dealing with mainstream media and trade publications related to investment announcements and project communications
- Proven project and time management skills with an ability to proactively plan, prioritize and meet urgent and competing deadlines for multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of marketing communications tools and tactics
- Ability to work confidently with senior corporate executives
- Demonstrated ability to manage partner relationships
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful communications plans
- Experience with investment or business transactions an asset
- MS Office skills, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work collaboratively with all areas within the organisation to achieve positive outcomes
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality of work
- Flexibility to react with changing priorities
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Communications Manager. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.