The Manager, Internal Communications, will be responsible for developing and implementing the organization’s internal communications strategy, with a view to engaging staff across all levels.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, this position will bring their communications expertise, planning and strategic counsel to deliver a variety of internal communications activities and organizational projects. This includes applying best practices and anticipating and advising on internal communications deliverables that drive employee engagement in a fluid environment.
Your responsibilities include
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team to annually assess and plan the internal communications strategy for the organization, proactively considering the unique needs of the Executive and Senior Leadership Team, any challenges and barriers to staff engagement and aligning with organizational priorities.
- By working with internal teams, this individual is expected to generate and manage numerous interrelated and concurrent internal organizational campaigns.
- Produce employee and manager support materials to increase awareness of major multi-year enterprise-wide initiatives in cooperation with management in Communications and other stakeholders
- Manage and implement internal communications projects and activities that fully engage staff, Executive and the Senior Leadership Team in the change management process.
- Define the tone and voice of all internal communications.
- Collaborate with internal teams on externally facing channels, when applicable, which attract current and future employees on media such as LinkedIn, ensuring timely, consistent messaging across all internal channels, such that internal messaging reflects and enhances external communications.
- Anticipate and provide strategic advice on complex and novel organization-wide employee communications during periods of change and where there are confidential sensitivities and internal risk to engagement (e.g., organizational structure changes, hybrid workforce expectations).
- Deliver an exemplary internal communications program featuring regular, timely informative updates, balancing high-level strategic initiatives with ongoing operational developments, particularly HR-related communications.
- Set benchmarks for program effectiveness and develop effective channels for accessing employee feedback on a regular basis.
- Maintain a particular focus on supporting HR and various sub committees (such as Health and Safety and Diversity and inclusion) in their internal and external positioning and communications activities, particularly large-scale, complex multi-year projects directly affecting employees’ workplace experience.
- Champion and embed the firm’s diversity and inclusion philosophy and practice.
The ideal profile
- A strategic mindset focused on delivering outcomes that drive business objectives through an effective internal communications program
- 7 plus years of corporate communications experience with significant experience leading an internal communications program, including proven ability to apply change management principles in communications approach and to advise C-suite and senior executives on best practice.
- Superior writing skills (research, writing, editing, and proofreading) across a range of communications vehicles.
- Experience leading web-based and other digital communication programs through enterprise solutions in large organizations (i.e., Intranet, videos, podcasts, etc.).
- Exceptional organization and project management and a strong commitment to delivering excellence individually and at the team level.
- Strong business acumen, executive presence, and leadership skills.
- Effective ability to interact with others in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience, and styles
- Experience in either the financial services, government, or crown corporations considered an asset.
- Bilingualism in English and French considered a strong asset.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Manager, Internal Communications. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.