The Manager, Media Relations and Issue Management will support the Communications and Public Affairs (CAPA) team by developing communication strategies that will highlight the CIB, its mandate, its investments and their impacts.
The Manager will also be responsible for identifying, researching, tracking and managing issues that may arise or impact the CIB.
Under the direction of a senior member of the CAPA team, the Manager will act as a media relations support person. The manager will also be responsible for monitoring parliamentary affairs and proactively maintaining constructive relations with federal actors related to the CIB activities.
Strong oral and written communications skills in both the English and French languages are mandatory for this role.
Your responsibilities include
- Develop strategic advice on media approaches and publications that will have a positive impact on the perception of the CIB
- Act as a spokesperson for the CIB as needed
- Manage media monitoring with the external service provider, including reviewing stories, preparing daily and weekly summaries and monitoring trends in mainstream and trade publications
- Collaborate on the maintenance of databases, distribution lists or other methods of engagement with media
- Develop products such as key messages, briefing and issue notes, media responses among other materials
- Formulate strategic advice and drafting of communication materials related to reputational issues and ATIP requests
- Monitoring of parliamentary affairs in relation to the CIB and preparation of materials to support planning and reporting activities
- Assist with bilingual communications including requirements for the Official Languages Act
The ideal profile
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in communications, public relations or related field is required
- 8+ years communications experience
- Experience dealing with mainstream media and trade publications in French and English
- Experience in issues management and parliamentary affairs
- Proven time management skills with an ability to proactively plan, prioritize and meet urgent and competing deadlines for multiple projects
- Ability to work confidently with senior corporate executives
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful communications plans
- Experience with investment or business transactions an asset
- MS Office skills, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Manager, Media Relations and Issue Management. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the community are a top priority for us. Effective October 1, 2021, all employees will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.