Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Planning, Policy and Research, the Manager is responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of the CIB research agenda. The Manager will partner closely with the CIB’s Investments, Strategy and Communications teams to develop and prioritize a forward-looking research agenda that supports our investment strategy and positions the CIB as a thought leader in the infrastructure community.
This role requires a strong understanding of research topics and trends related to infrastructure, the CIB’s priority sectors, and infrastructure finance and policy. The Manager must also posses the ability to develop and produce original research and analysis, have a solid understanding of research methodologies, data and metrics and demonstrate excellent relationship and project management skills.
Your responsibilities include:
The Manager will work with the Senior Director and other CIB team members to develop and advance the CIB’s research agenda. The Manager will:
- Lead the development and execution of the CIB’s research agenda by:
- Identifying and undertaking original research and qualitative and quantitative analysis related to a wide range of infrastructure policy, planning, financing, procurement and delivery issues.
- Developing, reviewing and assessing incoming proposals for research from external think-tank, academic and industry organizations
- Monitoring and tracking progress on all CIB research initiatives
- Collaborating with colleagues to secure input, expert advice and ongoing participation in research initiatives
- Representing the CIB on research related committees and engagements
- Maintaining an integrated research strategy and plan
- Serve as the CIB’s expert on emerging infrastructure financing trends and policy in Canada and internationally by:
- Actively monitoring and sharing information on infrastructure developments, trends and issues in Canada and internationally that are of interest to the CIB.
- Preparing briefing notes, analysis and reports related to research, policy or other issues of significance to the CIB.
- Supporting and developing internal knowledge and learning opportunities within the CIB including initiatives such as case studies, lunch and learn speaker events and other internally driven knowledge activities
- Synthesizing research findings for the CIB executive, Board and other internal and external audiences.
Your ideal profile:
- 8+ years experience in research, public policy, economics or a related field that is relevant to the CIB’s mandate to invest in infrastructure
- Graduate level degree in economics, public policy, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure, finance and government policy and issues
- Exceptionally strong research skills including an ability to collect and assess data and other source information, apply statistical and other methodologies, conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses, synthesize and assess results and produce high quality findings and reports
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- An ability to proactively plan, prioritize and meet urgent and competing deadlines for multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder relationships
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Manager, Research. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.