Headquartered in Toronto, the Canada Infrastructure Bank (CIB) is responsible for investing $35 billion in federal funding in new infrastructure projects. The CIB’s mission is to work with provincial, territorial, municipal, federal, Indigenous and private sector investor partners to transform the way infrastructure is planned, financed and delivered in Canada.
The Associate, Investments will be based in Toronto and will be involved in all aspects of screening, due diligence, and execution of investment opportunities. Daily responsibilities will vary with time and will include screening potential investment opportunities, performing complex financial modelling, completing sector analysis and transaction due diligence, drafting of investment memoranda, and participating in investment decision-making processes.
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate or a post graduate degree with three to five years of relevant deal execution experience in principal investing, corporate finance, project finance, transaction advisory, investment banking, private equity, strategy consulting or related financial sector work.
Your responsibilities include:
- Build financial models, project finance/infrastructure models, valuation analysis, corporate finance solutions and any additional financial analysis
- Undertake due diligence on investment opportunities
- Assist with project development (coordinate data with clients, assist with the presentation of new ideas to clients)
- Prepare and present investment analysis and investment memos
- Collect and analyze industry research and trends
- Track project development
- Prepare proposals and pitchbooks
- Monitor periodic financial and operating results and explain investment plan variances
- Perform regular analysis of the state of the market for each investment to forecast future trends
- Apply best practices in financial governance
The ideal profile:
- 3 to 5 years of corporate finance, project finance, transaction advisory, investment banking, private equity, strategy consulting, or related financial sector work
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Ability to build complex financial models and perform quantitative analysis
- Industry experience combined with a financial, fiscal, and legal understanding of the infrastructure industry
- Team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and priority management skills
- Sense of initiative, entrepreneurial spirit
- CFA considered an asset
- Professional accounting designation considered an asset
- Bilingual English/French considered a strong asset
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Associate, Investments.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.