Director, Energy Efficiency Investments
(6-12-month Contract/Secondment Opportunity)
The Canada Infrastructure Bank (CIB) is working in partnership with governments, Indigenous communities and the private sector to invest $35 billion in infrastructure that benefits Canadians. By attracting and leveraging private sector and institutional investment in revenue-generating infrastructure projects in the public interest, we are building a portfolio of investments in key sectors including transit, clean power, green infrastructure, trade & transportation and broadband that will foster economic growth, connect Canadians and contribute to the sustainability of infrastructure in Canada.
Having a background in Energy Efficiency and Finance/Investment, the Director will support the CIB Investments team in executing investments as part of the CIB’s Commercial Building Retrofits Initiative, for a period of 6-12 months and will be involved in all aspects of screening, due diligence, and execution of investment opportunities. Daily responsibilities will vary from time to time and will include screening and evaluating potential investment opportunities, completing risk and contractual analysis, managing external advisors (for ex., legal, technical, insurance, etc.), performing transaction due diligence, drafting of investment memoranda, and participating in investment decision-making processes.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading investments or loans as well as extensive experience in the execution of commercial and financial transactions.
Your responsibilities include
- Assist in managing the evaluation, due diligence and closing process for investment opportunities within a large-scale pan-Canadian financing initiative
- Assist in developing a pipeline of potential investment opportunities by establishing and maintaining a network of contacts across Canada
- Lead the evaluation and due diligence on investment opportunities
- Lead the execution of financial models, contractual and financing models, ratings and valuation analyses and any additional needed financial analyses
- Lead the preparation and presentation of investment memoranda
Your ideal profile
- 10+ years of energy efficiency and banking or investment experience, as lender, equity investor or advisor/banker
- Demonstrated experience in energy efficiency, debt financing, real estate, contract negotiations, business development and program implementation
- Demonstrated experience in working at all stages of investment opportunities, from development, through implementation, intake, and evaluation, up to execution and monitoring
- Demonstrated experience leading all aspects of the transaction lifecycle including client and stakeholder negotiations, influencing stakeholders, and managing legal and technical consultants
- Experience with Government agencies is an asset
- Self-starter with strong project management skills
- Highly collaborative team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage junior staff, workflow and deadlines
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Accounting is an asset
- CFA or CPA designation, or an MBA, is an asset
- Bilingual French/English, written and verbal, is considered a strong asset
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Director, Energy Efficiency Investments.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.