Director, Information Technology
Headquartered in Toronto, the Canada Infrastructure Bank (the CIB) is responsible for investing $35 billion in federal funding in new infrastructure projects. The CIB’s mission is to work with provincial, territorial, municipal, federal, Indigenous and private sector investor partners to transform the way infrastructure is planned, financed and delivered in Canada.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, Director, Information Technology will work at our head office in Toronto. The Director, Information Technology position requires a leader with sound knowledge of business management and a working knowledge of cybersecurity and business software technologies covering the corporate network. The Director will proactively work with the business and functional units to develop and implement information technology strategies and will be responsible for ensuring service management, security, and automation are consistent with the vision and direction of the CIB. The incumbent should thoroughly understand IT best practices as they will oversee a variety of cybersecurity and risk management activities related to IT.
The Director is responsible for systems administration roles and will provide strategic direction, leadership and execution of IT infrastructure and business services support across the organization, while supporting the organization’s overall business plan. This role requires someone who is hands on and is comfortable working independently on all facets of CIB’s Information Technology.
Your responsibilities include:
- Work with external vendor partners to continue to evolve the organization’s technology strategy including:
- Infrastructure: provide a high performing, reliable and cost-efficient environment to run IT services including utilization of cloud environment
- Information/Data: maintaining integrity, availability, and accuracy of business data and developing the environment for ongoing data and analytics capabilities
- Security: protect confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information by establishing physical and logical controls
- Documentation: Develop and maintain SOP and policies that govern IT and privacy operations
- Oversee and execute project management for all IT undertakings, including needs analysis, milestone planning, implementation, and change management as well as project follow up.
- Benchmark, analyze, identify, and make recommendations on solutions that will improve IT infrastructure and IT Systems to improve business process.
- Work with external vendor partners to implement technical solutions on new and existing applications.
- Develop a consistent process to identify, analyze, and work with external partners to assist in remediation of security vulnerabilities and weaknesses
- Develop, improve, and follow incident response playbook, processes, and procedures
- Aligning IAM (Identity and Access Management) activities to audit, regulatory, policy or other compliance practices.
- Support user onboarding and security profile set up within the D365 applications
- Maintain records of security monitoring and incident response activities
- Support root cause analysis over security incidents and work closely with related CIB departments to develop remediation actions
- Understand and support interdependence between departments, how data can be shared and identifying and mitigating redundancies where applicable
- Provide training to end-users on system functionality
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to the leadership team
- Develop and execute appropriate testing of upgrades, configurations, or new systems prior to launch
- Communicate upgrades, configurations, and pertinent information to end-users
- Assist end-users with creating and editing templates
- General oversight of system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Oversight of security and efficiency of IT infrastructure based on CIB IT policy and procedures
The ideal profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 7+ years of progressive IT experience, including the development of business and operational systems and processes.
- 7+ years experience with Active Directory, Business Intelligence, BYOD, CloudComputing, Microsoft Dynamic 365 applications including CRM, ERP, MKTG, PowerBI, Flow. MS Exchange, MS SharePoint,Security, Systems Management, Virtualization, VPN, Windows Server
- Knowledge of D365 Enterprise Architecture principles and best practices
- Proven experience in IT project development and management.
- Experience with Cloud hosted technology.
- Exposure to strategic planning and able to execute on those plans
- Strong knowledge of Information Technology disciplines, including information security, project management, enterprise and data architecture, strategic planning, software acquisition and computer operations
- Sound knowledge of business management and a working knowledge of information security risk management and cybersecurity technologies.
- Attention to detail and focus on high quality standards in line with market best practices
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks/transactions
- Results oriented and accountable to meet scheduled milestones
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing
- Bilingual English/French (asset)
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Information Technology no later than November 25, 2020.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.