Executive Assistant to the Chief Investment Officer
Headquartered in Toronto, the Canada Infrastructure Bank (the CIB) is responsible for investing $35 billion in federal funding in new infrastructure projects. The CIB’s mission is to work with provincial, territorial, municipal, federal, Indigenous and private sector investor partners to transform the way infrastructure is planned, financed and delivered in Canada.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO). They will proactively support day-to-day needs, while serve as a liaison to other teams, to government, and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, anticipatory, organized, and able to work independently in a confidential and fast paced environment.
Your responsibilities include
- Manage calendar of appointments; plan and coordinate the CIO’s schedule and prioritize and manage requests for access to his/her time
- Keep the CIO well informed of upcoming commitments and of any internal issues of which they need to be aware
- Arrange, confirm, and prepare briefings for scheduled meetings by obtaining relevant background information, materials and supporting documents prior to each meeting to properly prepare the Business Heads
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the CIO with government officials, clients and others
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, and within deadlines
- Make travel arrangements and prepare itineraries and agendas for CIO within the Travel & Hospitality guidelines
- Support and coordinate the CIO’s external commitments, and speaking engagements
- Prepare and submit expense reports for the CIO
- Review incoming mail, research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and matters addressed to the CIO including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. As required, determine appropriate course of action, referral or response
- Utilize the CRM database for documentation, report running, and correspondence
- Work collaboratively with other departments and administrators to ensure continuity with communication, procedures, and deliverables
- Supervise an existing team of Administration Assistants working with the broader Investments team
The ideal profile
- Minimum 10 years of experience including experience in supporting senior executives and interacting with senior individuals from other organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Calendar, Excel, and Power Point), with a proven ability to learn and use new software as required
- Experience that demonstrates outstanding judgement and organizational skills with attention to details, the proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, ability to manage and prioritize various competing demands, and the highest level of client service and response
- High degree of tact and diplomacy, as well as absolute discretion in dealing with confidential, sensitive information
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, government officials, external clients
- High level of time management and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to anticipate, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations, and to proactively identify requirements
- Flexible and willing; demonstrate a “can do” attitude and demonstrated support for and deal with continuous change
- Capability to work independently with minimal supervision while working as a team player
- Bilingual (French and English) written and verbal is considered an asset
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Executive Assistant, Investments no later than January 18, 2020.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.