Reports to: Head, Investments
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Head, Investments and the Investments senior management team and serves as a liaison to the government and stakeholders. Work collaboratively with other members of the executive team to provide assistance as needed. Act as the primary contact of the Investments team.
Executive Administrative Support:
- Manage calendar of appointments; plan and coordinate Head, Investments’ schedule and prioritize and manage requests for access to his/her time
- Keep the Head, Investments well informed of upcoming commitments and of any internal issues of which they need to be aware
- Arrange, confirm, and prepare briefings for scheduled meetings by obtaining relevant background information, materials and supporting documents prior to each meeting to properly prepare the Business Heads
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the Head, Investments with government officials, clients and others
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, and within deadlines
- Make travel arrangements and prepare itineraries and agendas for Head, Investments and the senior Investment management team within the Travel & Hospitality guideline
- Support and coordinate the Head, Investments external commitments, and speaking engagements
- Prepare and submit expense reports for the Head, Investments and the senior Investment management team
- Review incoming mail, research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and matters addressed to the Head, Investments including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. As required, determine appropriate course of action, referral or response
- Coordinate scheduling, agenda and materials for regular management team meetings. Attend the meetings, prepare notes and action lists, monitor and follow-up on assigned action items and materials
- Plan, organize and manage various on-and-off site meetings and special events, including meetings with employee(s); make room and other arrangements, prepare communications and presentations as required.
- Copy, scan and bind presentations and other materials as required by the Investments team
- Review and verify expense reports submitted to Head, Investments, ensure all claims are in line with CIB guidelines prior to submitting for approval
- Liaise with I.T. support to resolve any technical issues<.li>
- Manage special projects
- Perform other duties as required
Education (include required designations):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent education and experience
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
Experience (# years and specific skills and experience):
- Minimum 10 years of experience including experience in supporting senior executives and interacting with senior individuals from other organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Calendar, Excel, and Power Point), with a proven ability to learn and use new software as required
- Experience that demonstrates outstanding judgement and organizational skills with attention to details, the proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, ability to manage and prioritize various competing demands, and the highest level of client service and response
- Experience in both private and public sectors would be a definite asset
- High degree of tact and diplomacy, as well as absolute discretion in dealing with confidential, sensitive information
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, government officials, external clients
- High level of time management and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations, and to proactively identify requirements
- Flexible and willing; demonstrate a “can do” attitude and demonstrated support for and deal with continuous change
- Capability to work independently with minimal supervision while working as a team player
Other Job Requirements:
Occasional work outside of regular hours could be required to support meetings, events or special requirements
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Executive Assistant no later than November 18, 2019.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada.
At CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.