Bilingual Executive Assistant
Headquartered in Toronto, the Canada Infrastructure Bank (the CIB) is responsible for investing $35 billion in federal funding in new infrastructure projects. The CIB’s mission is to work with provincial, territorial, municipal, federal, Indigenous and private sector investor partners to transform the way infrastructure is planned, financed and delivered in Canada.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Group Head, Corporate Affairs, Policy & Communications and the CFO/CAO. This role is also responsible for providing targeted assistance to the respective senior team members (such as Head of Finance, Senior Director of Communications and Media Relations, Senior Director, Corporate Planning, Policy and Research). The core responsibilities would include calendar management for the two Executive team members, scheduling internal and external meetings including team members, government officials or external stakeholders, and organizing and tracking key documents or other deliverables.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who possesses a positive, team-player mindset. This role requires someone with strong interpersonal skills who is proactive at problem solving.
Your responsibilities include
Executive Administrative Support:
- Manage calendar of appointments; plan and coordinate Executives’ schedules and proactively prioritize and manage requests for access to his/her time
- Coordinate Board and Committee Meeting materials for the Executives, in cooperation with the Corporate Secretary Team
- Establish positive and productive relationships with executive assistant counterparts within the CIB, and in Infrastructure Canada and other departments or Crown Corporations as required
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the Executives with executive assistant counterparts in external client, stakeholder, research or service provider organizations
- Keep the Executives well informed of upcoming commitments, and proactively identify forward-looking commitments that need attention
- Arrange, confirm, and prepare briefings for scheduled meetings by obtaining relevant background information, materials and supporting documents prior to each meeting to properly prepare the Executives
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, and within deadlines
- Develop project management type documents, such as Gantt charts, to help organize and track corporate initiative timelines and critical paths that are the responsibilities of the Executives
- Make travel and other logistics arrangements and prepare itineraries and agendas, and complete expense reports, for Executives and their senior management team within the Travel & Hospitality guidelines
Targeted Assistance for Senior Team Members:
- Plan, organize and manage various virtual and on-and-off site meetings and special events, including meetings with employee(s) and with stakeholders, industry groups, researchers and other external parties
- Support media subscription renewal management and industry and stakeholder membership renewal management (back-up)
- Review and verify expense reports submitted to Executives for approval, ensure all claims are in line with CIB guidelines prior to submitting to Corporate Finance
- Liaise with I.T. support to resolve any technical issues
- Manage special projects, pursue continuous improvement initiatives and perform other duties as required
The ideal profile
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience including experience in supporting senior executives and interacting with senior individuals from other organizations
- Experience in both private and public sectors would be a definite asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Calendar, Excel, and Power Point), with a proven ability to learn and use new software as required
- Experience that demonstrates outstanding judgement and organizational skills with attention to details, the proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, ability to manage and prioritize various competing demands, and the highest level of client service and response
- High degree of tact and diplomacy, as well as absolute discretion in dealing with confidential, sensitive information
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, government officials, external clients
- High level of time management and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations, and to proactively identify requirements
- Flexible and willing; demonstrate a “can do” attitude and demonstrated support for and deal with continuous change
- Capability to work independently with minimal supervision while working as a team player
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of regular hours is required to support meetings, events or special requirements
- Bilingual (French and English) written and verbal is mandatory
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Bilingual Executive Assistant no later than November 25, 2020.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.