Human Resources Administrator and Payroll Analyst
The Canada Infrastructure Bank uses federal support to attract private sector and institutional investment to new revenue-generating infrastructure projects that are in the public interest. By engaging the expertise and capital of the private sector, we will help provide more infrastructure across Canada.
Reporting to the Head, Human Resources, the Human Resources Administrator and Payroll Analyst will support the administration of the payroll and benefits processes, procedures and practices, management of the HRIS system, and general HR administration for the Bank. This role will be responsible to oversee the implementation of a new HRIS/Payroll system. Primary accountability will be to manage payroll, benefits and HR administration, you will also have the opportunity to assist with recruiting and orientation along with other HR related projects.
- Responsible for managing and performing all activities related to processing the semi-monthly payroll cycle for 80+ employees in multiple provincial jurisdictions
- Overall maintenance of payroll including records management and associated reporting. Ensure integrity of data, perform payroll audits of all entries, maintain backup / support documentation at all times and support any financial and governmental audits.
- Complete benefit administration, including new hire set up, terminations and invoice reconciliation.
- HRIS system input, updates and management and maintain HR records and personnel files.
- Assist with creating, documenting, and writing policies and procedures.
- Perform specific recruitment-related duties as needed including managing candidate tracking, screening resumes, arranging interviews and interviewing as needed.
- Keep up to date with applicable legislation to ensure compliance. Interpret new legislation, determining its impact on payroll and provide recommendations.
- Partner with HR Management to manage any special projects.
Consider applying if you:
- Post-secondary education in Payroll or Human Resources required.
- Minimum 5 years of payroll experience, dealing with multiple provincial jurisdictions
- Experience implementing a payroll system would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products primarily in Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros) and Word.
- Well-organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Flexible and willing; a “can do” attitude and ability to demonstrate support for, and deal with, continuous change
- Bilingual French/English preferred
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 20, 2018.
Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn
At CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. Please let our team know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank everyone for their interest, but we will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.