Manager, Bilingual Communication Services
The Canada Infrastructure Bank uses federal support to attract private sector and institutional investment to new revenue-generating infrastructure projects that are in the public interest. By engaging the expertise and capital of the private sector, we will help provide more infrastructure across Canada.
Reporting into the Senior Manager of Communication and Media Services and working closely with various internal CIB team members, the successful candidate will manage a wide range of strategic, corporate and internal communications projects to ensure delivery and compliance regarding the Official Languages Act. Using professional language skills in both French and English, the applicant will write and edit products such as corporate materials, briefs, presentations, and content for publishing on web sites and social media platforms. You will manage the relationships with external translation agencies and the associated work flow to ensure deadlines are met, verify consistency and ensure high quality standards are met for translation.
Support for other corporate initiatives, such as drafting and translation of corporate plans, and quarterly and annual reports, will be important. In addition, assistance with other corporate activities, such as internal communications with employees is anticipated.
The Manager will work in both official languages on priorities such as:
- Write, edit, review and translate high-quality materials as part of a comprehensive suite of written and digital communications products to support corporate initiatives, including key messages, briefing notes, presentations, web and social media content, and other materials
- Manage and coordinate the work of external translators to ensure timely delivery of translated materials that consistently meet the highest professional standards
- Support the creation, translation and publication of corporate planning and report documents for public disclosure
- Publish updates to web sites and social media platforms, specifically Twitter and LinkedIn
- Identify and as necessary, create and update terminological databases, glossaries, translation guides
- Implement internal communications initiatives in support of Human Resources
- Contribute to a team dynamic and engaging work environment
Skills / Experience (required):
- A minimum of five to seven years of bilingual communications experience in a professional capacity
- Minimum of two to three years of management experience with a combination of managing people, managing complex projects and/or managing external service providers
- Fluency, both oral and written, at the superior level in English and French (mandatory)
- Post-secondary degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related subject
- Demonstrated ability working in both official languages planning, writing, editing, translating and publishing written materials
- Extensive communications project management experience, with a high degree of attention to detail and version control issues
- Proven track record in implementing communications initiatives
- Experience working with translation services of a Crown corporation, Federal government institution or other international organization is an asset
- Experience in relevant specialized fields and grasp of technical terminology
- Experience supporting internal communications
- Experience with infrastructure and/or investment fields
- Visual design web and social media publishing skills
- Experience in development and implementation of linguistic lexicons
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
At CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. Please let our team know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com by July 29, 2019. Please include as part of your submission a one-page cover letter, detailing why you are interested in this position, what relevant experience you bring to role, how the CIB opportunity aligns in to your career aspirations, and why you value and are committed to, public service.
We thank everyone for their interest, but we will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.