Manager, Corporate Communications (Indigenous Infrastructure)
Headquartered in Toronto, the Canada Infrastructure Bank (CIB) is responsible for investing $35 billion in federal funding in new infrastructure projects. The CIB’s mission is to work with provincial, territorial, municipal, federal, Indigenous, and private sector investors to transform the way infrastructure is planned, financed, and delivered in Canada.
The Manager, Corporate Communications will be a member of the Communications team responsible for implementing the corporate communications action plan for the CIB. The Manager will work under the direction of the Director, Corporate Communications and will apply policies and protocols to build institutional best practices. The Manager will be a communications expert and will focus on project communications across CIB priority sectors including communications related to Indigenous infrastructure project opportunities. Expertise, experience and relationships with Indigenous stakeholders and partners will be central to support communications for CIB infrastructure advisory, investment and research activities. Knowledge of Indigenous infrastructure priorities and how they align with CIB priority sectors and broader government goals is an important asset.
Strong oral and written communications skills in English are required and capacity in French would be an additional asset. The ideal candidate will also possess strong interpersonal skills needed to build professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Your responsibilities include:
- Proactively contribute strategic advice to develop and implement the annual corporate communications action plan
- Support new project communications tools to improve impacts, outcomes and results across all of the CIB’s priority sectors
- Write and implement project communications plans with provinces, territories, municipalities, and Indigenous communities
- Develop communications products such as announcement plans, new releases, key messages, briefing notes, media responses, PowerPoint presentations among other materials
- Contribute to external facing communications initiatives including those related to Indigenous infrastructure priorities
- Support external speaking opportunities by management team members as part of outreach with Indigenous audiences
- Facilitate the adoption of communications best practices including those that enable engagement with Indigenous audiences
- Contribute to external stakeholder communications initiatives, including an annual stakeholder map, to expand both regional and national networks, and support overall engagement with Indigenous stakeholders
- Advise on communications related to Duty to Consult and other aspects of CIB’s engagement with Indigenous communities
- Contribute to a team dynamic and engaging work environment
- Execute policies and standards for communications, including protocols and processes for collaboration with partners
The ideal profile:
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in communications, public relations or related field is required
- 8+ years communications experience with a strong track record working in partnership with Indigenous communities
- Knowledge of and expertise in Indigenous infrastructure priorities and projects
- Proven project and time management skills with an ability to proactively plan, prioritize and meet urgent and competing deadlines for multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of marketing communications tools and tactics
- Ability to work confidently with senior corporate executives
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful communications plans
- Experience with investment or business transactions an asset
- MS Office skills, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other areas within the organization to achieve positive outcomes
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality of work
- Flexibility to react with changing priorities
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Indigenous Corporate Communications.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.