Manager, Investment Finance
Headquartered in Toronto, the Canada Infrastructure Bank (CIB) is responsible for investing $35 billion in federal funding in new infrastructure projects. The CIB’s mission is to work with provincial, territorial, municipal, federal, Indigenous and private sector investor partners to transform the way infrastructure is planned, financed and delivered in Canada.
The Manager, Investment Finance, will report to the Head of Finance and assist the Finance team on structured transactions with project investment accounting, analysis, and reporting. They will work with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), and will liaise with other departments to ensure reporting is compliant, accurate, and on time throughout each stage of the deal progress.
Your responsibilities include:
- Prepare and maintain investment memos explaining the IFRS and PSAS accounting application to complex transactions
- Maintain ongoing reporting on deal pipeline, investment status and terms
- Provide quarterly investment accounting entries
Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare and maintain financial models for fair value accounting and ECL calculations
- Gather information from various departments to help inform investment valuation processes
- Prepare and assist in maintaining valuation models, procedures and calculations
- Liaise with the risk and asset management department to calculate Expected Credit loss on Investments
- Work collaboratively with the management team to develop realistic capital budgets and cash flow forecasts correctly and on time
- Create Power BI and CRM reporting to track deal progress
- Manage the creation and ongoing management of capital and operational budget as it relates to investments and provide variances to plan
- Work with Finance team members to build Finance templates and reports
- Perform other duties and special projects, as required
- Complete ad hoc financial analysis and reports as required
The ideal profile:
- Post-secondary or University degree, ideally in accounting/business
- Completion of a CPA designation, and in good standing
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with Investment Accounting standards including IFRS 9 and PSAS 3450 Financial Instrument standards
- Experience with creating and maintaining financial models in excel
- Experience in the financial services and/or public sectors
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience in internal control procedures
- Intermediate-advanced level of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- A high level of attention to detail,
- Excellent communication skill
- Well-organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency
- Flexible and willing; a “can do” attitude and ability to deal with continuous change
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams/groups and to build trusting relationships across the Bank at all levels and with external clients/partners
- Ability to identify and investigate any discrepancies
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Manager, Investment Finance.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.