Managing Director, Investments
Headquartered in Toronto, the Canada Infrastructure Bank (CIB) is responsible for investing $35 billion in federal funding in new infrastructure projects. The CIB’s mission is to work with provincial, territorial, municipal, federal, Indigenous and private sector investor partners to transform the way infrastructure is planned, financed and delivered in Canada.
The Managing Director will be an active member of the CIB Investments management team. This person will be involved in all aspects of investment opportunities, including their design, selection, due diligence and execution. Day-to-day responsibilities will vary over time. This will include overseeing the identification and selection of potential investments. The Managing Director will also lead the drafting of investment memoranda and participate in investment decision-making.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience financing (as lender, equity investor or advisor/banker) in the areas of Low Carbon Fuels (LCF), Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS) and Hydrogen related infrastructure. Experience in the energy and utility sector may be considered an asset. preferably within Canada. Extensive experience in equity or debt and/or project finance structures is required.
Your responsibilities include
- Setup of its CIB investment capability in LCF, CCUS and Hydrogen projects
- Developing a pipeline of potential investment opportunities by establishing and maintaining a network of contacts in the public and private sectors across Canada and the targeted industries
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of proposals, pitchbooks and Board presentations
- Structuring CIB investments in the context of specific projects and executing on closing investment transactions
- Sourcing and evaluating potential investment opportunities
- Managing a transaction team
The ideal profile
- 15+ years of infrastructure investing experience
- Previous exposure to greenfield infrastructure projects in the above noted sectors
- Demonstration of experience in working at all stages of a deal cycle as it relates to the infrastructure sector
- Masters Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Accounting is an asset
- CFA or CPA designation, or an MBA, is an asset
- Experience with Government agencies is an asset
- Self-starter with strong project management skills
- Team player able to thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage work flow and deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills
- Bilingual (English and French) written and verbal is considered a strong asset
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Managing Director, Investments.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.