Senior Manager, Corporate Plans and Reports
The Canada Infrastructure Bank (CIB) is working in partnership with governments, Indigenous communities and the private sector to invest $35 billion in infrastructure that benefits Canadians. By attracting and leveraging private sector and institutional investment in revenue-generating infrastructure projects in the public interest, we are building a portfolio of investments in key sectors including transit, clean power, green infrastructure, trade & transportation and broadband that will foster economic growth, connect Canadians and contribute to the sustainability of infrastructure in Canada.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Plans and Reports will report to the Senior Director, Corporate Planning, Policy and Research and will be responsible for developing and implementing key aspects of the accountability cycle including the Corporate Plan, Annual Report, Corporate Objectives and Annual Public Meeting. This role is a policy and planning function focused on non-financial aspects and working in close coordination with others who lead investments, finance, risk, strategy and asset management. It requires a solid understanding of public sector planning and reporting frameworks, the ability to lead in a team environment, a strong focus on project management, excellent relationship skills, and an ability to communicate in writing and verbally in key corporate documents.
Your responsibilities include
- Support the development, project management and production of the organization’s Corporate Plan, Annual Report and other key documents, in collaboration with investment, finance, risk, strategy and asset management leads
- Organize the Annual Public Meeting in cooperation with communications leads
- Develop and implement processes to manage the tracking, monitoring and reporting of corporate objectives and related outcomes and results, in cooperation with those responsible for infrastructure project investments and asset management
- Contribute to strategic thinking and development of climate change reporting consistent with the CIB’s priorities and in the context of government goals
- Develop strategic summaries, dashboards, infographics and reports
- Provide strategic advice to CIB leadership linked to planning and reporting, and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Develop and present briefing notes and presentations to CIB senior management team members
- Collaborate and build relationships with colleagues across CIB and with counterparts in government including Infrastructure Canada through participation in working groups, committees
- Contribute CIB project information to the Investing in Canada Plan reporting via Infrastructure Canada
- Understand and take action to ensure that the CIB pursues best practices and other requirements and directions based on government planning and reporting frameworks, such as those established by the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Facilitate and educate CIB colleagues on best practices in planning and reporting in the Crown corporation context, to ensure that CIB meets its obligations
- Contribute to a team dynamic and engaging work environment
Your ideal profile
- 10+ years experience in public or business administration, preferably in a government department, agency or crown corporation
- Bilingualism (English and French), both oral and written, is a major asset and preference
- Degree, diploma or certificate in public administration, business administration or related field
- Strong project management expertise, PMP certification would be an asset
- Expert knowledge of corporate policy, planning and reporting
- Excellent writing, editing and quality control
- Experience with data analytics and related database tools
- Time management skills with an ability to proactively plan, prioritize and meet urgent and competing deadlines for multiple projects; flexibility to react to changing priorities
- Ability to work confidently with senior corporate executives
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers and manage stakeholder relationships
- MS Office skills, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Senior Manager, Corporate Plans and Reports no later than May 17, 2021.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.