Senior Manager, Investments
Headquartered in Toronto, the Canada Infrastructure Bank (the CIB) is responsible for investing $35 billion in federal funding in new infrastructure projects. The CIB’s mission is to work with provincial, territorial, municipal, federal, Indigenous and private sector investor partners to transform the way infrastructure is planned, financed and delivered in Canada.
The Senior Manager is an active member of the CIB Investments team and is involved in all aspects of screening, due diligence, and execution of investment opportunities. Daily responsibilities will vary with time and include screening potential investment opportunities, performing complex financial modeling, completing sector analysis and transaction due diligence, drafting of investment memoranda, and participating in investment decision-making processes.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading the execution of infrastructure deals, preferably with Canadian public transit, trade, and transportation. Extensive experience in equity or debt, P3 or project finance is necessary at the Senior Manager level (6 to 12 years of direct experience).
Your responsibilities include
- Assist in developing a pipeline of potential investment opportunities by establishing and maintaining a network of contacts in the public and private sectors across Canada and the infrastructure industry
- Lead due diligence on investment opportunities
- Lead the execution of financial models, project finance/ infrastructure models, valuation analyses, and any additional needed financial analyses
- Lead the preparation and presentation of proposals and pitchbooks
- Source and evaluate potential investment opportunities
The ideal profile
- 6-12 years of infrastructure investing experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Accounting is an asset
- CFA, CPA are an asset
- Demonstrated experience working with Public-Private Partnership models, cost of service, revenue and other project finance structures
- Preference will be given to those with direct modeling experience related to public transit, trade, and transportation sectors.
- Experience on tolling approaches, shadow fares and other revenue risk transfer models either through debt or equity perspective is an asset.
- Experience in developing or conducting due diligence on traffic studies, ridership / volume studies would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in working at all stages of a deal cycle as it relates to the infrastructure sector
- Demonstrated experience leading all aspects of the transaction lifecycle including client and stakeholder negotiations, influencing stakeholders and managing legal and technical consultants
- Experience with Government agencies is an asset
- Self-starter with strong project management skills
- Highly collaborative team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage junior staff, workflow and deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills
- Bilingual (French and English) written and verbal is considered a strong asset
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Senior Manager, Investments.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.