Reporting to the Head of Risk, the Associate, Credit Risk will focus on infrastructure credit risk assessment, including revenue risk and availability-based infrastructure financing models, throughout the underwriting process: from structuring to financial close, followed by reviews and analysis post transaction closing in collaboration with the Credit Risk Directors.
The ERM Function is based on the CIB’s values and ERM principles of value creation through integration. Accordingly, the Credit Risk Associate will work throughout the investment process in close coordination with the Investments team and other areas of the CIB.
Your responsibilities include
- Performs and/or reviews timely credit risk analysis on individual investments across all of CIB’s priority sectors as required, in particular but not limited to, Green Energy, Trade and Transport, Transit, Water, Broadband and Agriculture infrastructure
- Reviews transaction financial models and extracts relevant information for internal risk analysis and reporting as required
- Uses risk rating tool to spread financial statements and applies applicable methodology to assess credit risk ratings and make corresponding rating recommendation.
- Performs and/or reviews independent scenario and sensitivity analysis, including PPP and infrastructure transactions subject to revenue risk
- Performs counterparty risk assessment, in particular under project finance & PPP revenue structures or under corporate structures as applicable, and performs regular monitoring post transaction closing
- Provide recommendations on risk mitigation strategies, as applicable
- Reviews internal and external transaction documentation including information memoranda, contractual agreements, financial models and other project finance related documentation in the performance of the above credit risk assessments, as required
- Supports Directors and Senior Managers in the preparation and maintenance of Credit Risk Reports and Risk Rating Reports on individual transactions
- Supports Directors and Senior Managers in the ongoing risk monitoring of the portfolio, including reviewing the accuracy and completeness of annual reviews prepared by Asset Management, preparing internal Risk Rating refreshes, and performing a host of internal credit monitoring and controls activities related to the portfolio
- Reporting on credit-related metrics and performance to the Head of Risk on a regular basis with respect to the investments portfolio under his/her responsibility and any market (interest rate, inflation, FX) or sector developments impacting the portfolio and maintaining relevant records
- Maintains good knowledge of industry dynamics, trends and in particular in relation to CIB’s infrastructure mandate and its priority sectors in general, but more specifically the sectors noted above
- Maintains good knowledge of global revenue infrastructure financing models and industry developments, including policy financing products
- Liaise with the investment team and other areas of the CIB including asset management, finance and accounting, as required, with respect to the investment portfolio from the risk perspective
- Contributes to the maintenance of the Risk Dashboard
- Other portfolio or initiatives risk related duties as required
The ideal profile
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent experience. CFA, MBA, highly desirable
- Minimum 4+ years of credit analysis experience, ideally at a bank, regulated institution or MDB/IFIs
- Experience with infrastructure asset class, PPPs, project finance, preferably in any of the CIB’s priority sectors
- Expertise in lending, investments and risk assessment best market practices
- Experience in credit risk rating methodologies, including infrastructure and project finance
- Experience in infrastructure financing under revenue risk and availability-based models
- Strong analytical skills and ability to summarize complex structures and related risks in a clear and concise manner
- Strong modelling skills and experience in using excel, MS word, PowerPoint and similar industry software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with finance and risk models and use of related industry software.
- Experience with policy-related mandates would be a strong asset
- Excellent communication and personal organizational skills. The Associate, Credit Risk will be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a credit risk team, working directly with a Senior Manager or Director on particular transactions. The Associate will have the aptitude to build strong working relationships with peers, both within Credit Risk, broader ERM and with cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail and focus on high quality standards in line with market best practices
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks/transactions
- Results oriented: accountability to meet scheduled milestones to ensure timely execution of the CIB’s mandate
- Bilingual English/French (asset)
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Associate, Credit Risks. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the community are a top priority for us. Effective October 1, 2021, all employees will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.