Ownership and Monitoring
Information and Services
All information and services on this Site are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of fitness for a particular purpose or use, or non-infringement. You agree that the access and use of this Site is at your own risk, whether doing so from inside or outside Canada.
All information and services are subject to change at any time without notice.
While the CIB makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the information and services contained on this Site are accurate, the CIB cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of this information and these services; the CIB is not responsible for inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the information or services. All information on this Site is for information purposes only; it is not intended to provide any specific advice, and is not to be relied upon. Any actions or decisions should be based on independent research and professional advice.
Access and Use of Site
The CIB may end the use, or refuse to permit the use, of any services and this Site by any person or entity, for any reason and without notice. In using this Site and its services and products, you agree to not:
- interfere with or disrupt this Site or computer networks connected thereto;
- impersonate any other person or entity, or make any misrepresentation as to your employment, title or authority;
- forge headers or in any manner manipulate identifiers to disguise your origin;
- upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information for which you do not have all necessary rights and licenses;
- upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information that contains a computer virus, or other code, files or programs intending in any manner to disrupt or interfere with the functioning of this Site;
- use this Site in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to the computer systems or networks of others or attempt to gain unauthorized entry or access to any password protected or restricted areas of this Site, or the CIB’s computer or network systems;
- reproduce, copy, modify, sell, distribute or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes any material, information, product or service offered within this Site unless you have the necessary rights and licenses;
- include, knowingly or otherwise, any error or defect in information which may, among other things, constitute libel, slander, or defamation, or give rise to a criminal offence or civil liability on the part of any person or entity;
- violate any law or regulation or any generally accepted Internet practice or interfere with any other user’s ability to use this Site and any of the services or products provided on this Site; or
- forge, alter or modify in any way any of the agreements, policies, information, reports or any other material posted or accessible within this Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The CIB does not give, make or set any warranties, representations, conditions, guarantees or endorsements, whether expressed or implied by law, statute, common or trade usage or otherwise, with respect to the functionality or conditions of this Site or the Information contained therein, including, without limitation, warranties as to merchantability, operation, non-infringement, title, usefulness, completeness, accuracy, adequacy, currency, reliability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The CIB does not give, make or set any express or implied warranties, representations, conditions, guarantees or endorsements to the effect that the information, accessed from or through this Site, will be uninterrupted or free of errors, omissions, defects, viruses or other harmful components, or that any such problems which are discovered will be corrected.
Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in the pages of this Site may constitute trade names, registered or unregistered trade-marks, service marks or official marks (all described as “Trade-marks”) of the CIB and of other persons or entities. However, the display of Trade-marks on pages at this Site does not imply that any license has been granted to any third party. All rights are reserved.
The contents of the Site (including the materials accessible through the Site) are protected by copyright, and are confidential and proprietary to the CIB. Users are entitled to copy, download and print any content for your own personal use but you may not otherwise, copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, redistribute, republish or reproduce, in whole or in part, any such content in any manner including electronic reproduction by “uploading” or “downloading”, or create any derivative works based on such content, without the CIB’s prior written consent.
Any unauthorized downloading, transmission or other copying or modification of Trade-marks, or other contents of the Site may be a violation of statutory or common law rights and could expose the User to legal action.
Limitation of Liability
Neither the CIB, directors, officers, employees and agents, nor any person associated with the creation of this Site or its contents shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, third party, consequential damages or any other damages, losses or expenses however caused, sustained by Users or any other person as a result of the use of this Site and/or any web browser, including any liability for:
- interruptions and communication line failures including communication malfunctions that affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages or instructions between Users and the CIB and/or which prevent messages or instructions from being transmitted in whole or in part or agreements from being formed between Users and the CIB;
- Users’ inability to access, at any time, any part of this Site or any Information provided on it;
- the malfunctioning or unavailability of this Site, in whole or in part;
- any harm or loss to Users’ personal computer records or data howsoever caused including caused by viruses, “worms”, “trojan horses” or other similar intrusive, disruptive or destructive programs or files of that nature;
- interception or disclosure of confidential or sensitive information transmitted over the Internet;
- inaccuracies, delays in operation or transmission, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information; and
- lack of suitability, reliability, timeliness or availability of this Site or any material or services offered on this Site.
While the CIB makes reasonable efforts to ensure that all information and services provided on this Site do not contain computer viruses, Users are solely responsible to adequately protect and backup their data and/or equipment and to take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
These limitations of liability shall apply whether any claims, losses, costs or damages are founded in contract (including fundamental breach), tort or any other theory of liability and such limitations and exclusions shall apply even if the CIB has been advised of the possibility of such claims, losses, costs or damages.
Links to Other Websites
Any links to downloadable software sites are for convenience only and the CIB is not liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the software. Use of any software is governed by the terms of the license agreement, if any, that accompanies or is provided with the software.
The Official Languages Act, the Official Languages (Communications with and Services to the Public) Regulations and Treasury Board policy requirements establish when we use both English and French to provide services to or communicate with members of the public. When there is no obligation to provide information in both official languages, content may be available in one official language only. Information provided by organizations not subject to the Official Languages Act is in the language(s) provided. Users should be aware that any information on this Site that is linked to or provided by an external website or third party is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Content and Frequency
The CIB uses social media accounts as an alternative method of interacting with Canadians and of sharing the content posted on its Website, facilitating access to CIB information and services, and providing stakeholders with an opportunity to interact in an informative and respectful environment.
Because social media platforms and their computer servers are managed by a third party, social media accounts are subject to downtime that may be out of the CIB’s control. The CIB accepts no responsibility for platforms becoming unresponsive or unavailable.
Links to Other Website
Social media accounts may post or display links for websites that are not under the control of the CIB. These links are provided solely for the convenience of Users. The CIB is not responsible for the information found through these links; neither does it endorse the sites or their content.
Following, “Liking”, Posting and Subscribing
The CIB’s decision to “follow,” “favourite”, “subscribe”, “like” or “post” to another social media account does not imply an endorsement of that account, channel, page or site, and neither does sharing (re-tweeting, reposting or linking) content from another user.
Comments and Interaction
The CIB will read comments and participate in discussions when appropriate. Your comments and contributions must be relevant and respectful.
The CIB reserves the right to edit or remove comments and contributions, and to block Users, with regards to comments or contributions that:
- include personal information;
- include protected or classified information of the Government of Canada;
- infringe upon intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms;
- put forward serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations;
- are racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic or defamatory, or contain or refer to any obscenity or pornography;
- are threatening, violent, intimidating or harassing;
- are contrary to any federal, provincial or territorial laws of Canada;
- constitute impersonation, advertising or spam;
- encourage or incite any criminal activity;
- are written in a language other than English or French;
- contain announcements from labour or political organizations;
- are unintelligible or irrelevant;
- do not, in our opinion, add to the normal flow of the discussion; and
Information posted by the CIB is subject to the Copyright Act.
Social media platforms are third-party services and are not hosted on CIB servers. Users who choose to interact with us via social media should read the terms of service and privacy policies of these third-party service providers and those of any applications used to access them.
Information posted publicly on social media – whether it is directed at the CIB or not – can be read by anyone. Therefore, we strongly advise Users not to post Personal Information – whether their own, or the information of others – on social media.
The CIB uses various social media platforms to tell you about and get your input on services, programs and initiatives. At times, the CIB may need to collect personal information from you.
Personal information is information about you that is recorded in any form and that can be used to identify you. Personal information includes:
- your name;
- contact information;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- social media profile information;
- social media “likes” or retweets.
We may use biographical information you provide on social media – your name or handle, and the personal opinions or views contained in your tweets, @replies and direct messages to us – to respond to your inquiry or for statistical or analytical purposes. The following personal information banks describe how we handle personal information that we collect through our social media accounts: Public Communications (PSU 914) and Outreach Activities (PSU 938). When reporting on social media statistics, we remove all names, handles or specific Personal Information.
Whenever we collect personal information from you on social media and whenever Personal Information is created as a result of your interactions with us on social media, we have to comply with the Privacy Act and the Access to Information Act. You can ask to access Personal Information that you have given us or that may have been created when you have interacted with us through our social media accounts. We don’t collect and retain this information with the intention of it being retrievable, so if you ask to access to it, please give the date and time of the interaction and any other details that could help us retrieve it. To access this information, you can fill out a personal information request form.
If you have questions, comments, concerns or complaints about how we collect, use and store your personal information, contact the CIB’s Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator by email at email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
Canada Infrastructure Bank
Attn: Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
150 King St. W., Suite 2309, P.O. Box 15
Toronto, ON M5H 1J9
If you are not satisfied, contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, by telephone at 1-800-282-1376 or visit theOffice of the Privacy Commissioner website.
Many social media platforms have multiple language options and provide instructions on how to set your preferences. The CIB respects the Official Languages Act and is committed to ensuring that our information is available in both French and English and that both versions are of equal quality.
The CIB will reply to comments in the official language in which they are posted.
While we work hard to make sure that we are taking a balanced approach to sharing content in both official languages, we sometimes share third-party content available only in the language in which they were originally shared or written.
CIB Employees on Social Media
Some of the CIB’s employees have accounts on social media. Despite their professional affiliation with us, their posts do not represent our official position. The CIB takes no responsibility for the content of its employees’ personal social media accounts.